|LPCA and ArchProCoding
2-day Bootcamp for
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and
Rural Health Centers (RHCs)
2023 Updates in ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and Medicare
January 11-12, 2023
- 11 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) approved by ArchProCoding & AAPC
- 11 CME (Continuing Medical Education) Credits for MD, DO, NP, PA, RN
- OPTIONAL: Earn RHC/FQHC-specific coding and billing credentials
Coordinate effective revenue cycle workflows to stay compliant and facilitate the submission of a cost report that shows actual costs via consistent professional coding.
- Learn how the insurance participation agreements we are bound to by Medicare/Medicaid/commercial insurance companies require differing billing approaches and claim forms.
Who should attend:
All staff involved in medical billing for your organization, including new providers and providers that need a refresher
Why should clinical providers also attend?
This course is approved for 11 CMEs for providers, as described above. We respectfully urge key clinical personnel (MD, NP, PA, RN) to attend, as the clinical documentation they enter into the medical record is the foundation for all professional coding and medical billing.
- Learn the guidelines from key source materials (i.e., CPT and ICD-10-CM) instead of EHR / IT short-cuts to distinguish the differences between coding and billing activities.
- Realize responsibility to correctly identify services in the medical record and understand how those services are subsequently coded to generate public health data and information for the cost report. Finally, learn how some codes may have to change to meet various insurance company billing requirements.
- Documentation vs. Coding vs. Billing
- Introduction to RHC/FQHCs – What makes us different?
- Key CMS references + using the CMS 1450/1500 forms
- Billing for various payment systems (FFS vs. PPS)
- Treat and document visits – a focus on E/M
- AMA/CMS requirements for documentation in the CPT
- Overview of preventive medicine services and CMS-covered preventive G-codes
- Telehealth versus virtual communication services
- Care management (i.e., CCM, TCM, PCM, BHI, Psych CoCM)
- Code the full encounter for patients, cost reports, and billing
- Review of the various definitions of the “surgical/global package” – AMA/CMS/commercial
- Documenting for quality care reporting and CPT Category II
- Documenting and coding for procedures in the CPT
- Review of the “2023 ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.”
- Z-codes and the social determinants of health
- Free coding tools for billing via RBRVS
- Bundling and claim scrubbing via the NCCI
- When do we need to use modifiers?
Required Class Materials
- 2023 CPT manual (AMA’s Professional Edition strongly recommended)
- Any publisher’s HCPCS-II manual
- Any publisher’s ICD-10-CM manual
- A .pdf of the class slides will be emailed 1-2 days before class
If you need to order books from the ArchProCoding Bookstore, please allow ample shipping time, as our team will not bring coding manuals for live events, and they are required for class when taught live via a live virtual approach.