Rural Communities Opioid Response Program (RCORP)
This is a unique program focusing on the Opioid epidemic in the rural communities in our state, funded by the Health Resources & Services Administration. Our overall goal is to address barriers to treatment for substance use disorder (SUD), including opioid use disorder (OUD). It works toward the United States Department of Health & Human Services goal of ending the opioid epidemic. The consortium is one component that is used to approach this work.
- Drug Take Back Programs
- Screenings and referrals
- Provide culturally & linguistically appropriate education
- Screen and treat for infectious complications
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring
- Integrated treatment and recovery support
- Strengthen law enforcement relations
- Train on billing and coding across insurances
- Provide for accessible treatment and social support
- Expand peer workforce
- Enhance discharge coordination
- Support the development of recovery communities, coaches, and organizations
Parishes of Focus
RCORP is currently seeking to expand its reach to include additional sites in the following Parishes.